Saturday, June 13, 2020

COLEY On Voodoo Island

One of my favorite comics series of all time, involves, at least on the periphery, the SUPERNATURAL.  As in... VOODOO.  The first 3 books in the series were only ever done in a LIMITED hardbound print run, and I have copies of all of them.  At least 2 different people have asked me if I was interested in PUBLISHING the books myself, and I had to explain I wasn't set up to do it financially.  However, if I find that changes at some point, you can bet the FIRST thing I would do is get in touch with the person who holds the Copyrights and MAKE A DEAL to equitably split any profits.   In the meantime, last week I suddenly got inspired to start COLORING.  Boy, am I having fun!  From 1989....

COLEY ON VOODOO ISLAND
cover by JOHN BLACKBURN   (John Blackburn  /  1989)
pin-up 1
pin-up 2
pin-up 3
pin-up 4
pin-up 5
pin-up 6
pin-up 7
pin-up 8
"UNDER THE CARIBBEAN MOON"
     Story & Art by JOHN BLACKBURN
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
When I set up detailed indexes at the Grand Comics Database site some years ago, I noted that the 1st 4 pages appear to have been designed for a PLAYBOY magazine-type "comics section".  With that in mind, the next page appears to have been intended as the 1st page of the 2nd chapter.  However, I suspect John Blackburn changed his mind, as a 2nd chapter begins after the following 2 pages.  Note how the 1st panel looks like it was designed to have a title in it.

Page 10
Page 11
Don't go away!  Our story will continue...

Copyrig
ht (C) 1989 John C. Blackburn.
New COLOR Copyright (C) 2020 Henry R. Kujawa.

Scans from MY collection!

Restorations by Henry R. Kujawa

For more:
Read about John Blackburn at the Prism Comics site.
Read about "Coley Running Wild" at the Graphic Novels Info site.
See my detailed indexes of these books at the GCD site.
See my COLEY overview at this very blog!
Read GreyIrish' review of "Dagger Of Blood" at the
     Deep Cuts In A Lovecraftian Vein blog.

Don't miss the 2nd PART of this... coming up next!!!

(Continued in COLEY On Voodoo Island, Pt. 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment