Wednesday, October 14, 2020

COLEY, Wild In The Street

 (Continued from COLEY On Voodoo Island, Pt. 3)

The 2nd self-published Coley book by John Blackburn was a collection of short stories that apparently all took place sometime after his 6 weeks on Voodoo Island.  At the moment, it's impossible to be sure when these were done, and over how much of a stretch of time.  I have read that the 1st story in the book, "Bus Ride", was the 1st Coley story that Blackburn did.

Blackburn's work appeared in a number of "men's" magazine, and I rather imagine some, if not all of these, were published much earlier than this book. 
If I can ever track this information down, I'll be sure to add to to my blog here, particularly the several-page overview I put together back in 2012!

As I stressed with the 1st book, I don't own this work, and I'm cleaning up and coloring these stories purely FOR FUN.  But if circumstances present themselves where I am able to re-publish this work at some time, the FIRST thing I'd do would be to contact Blackburn's estate, find whoever it is that owns the Copyrights, and strike a deal to SPLIT any potential profits from such an undertaking.

In the meantime... ENJOY!

COLEY, WILD IN THE STREET
cover by JOHN BLACKBURN   (John Blackburn  /  1989)


Title Page

Indicia Page

Page 1  /  pin-up

Page 2  /  "This is Coley"

Page 3  /  "Coley On The Edge"
COLEY ON THE EDGE
"BUS RIDE"
Story & Art by JOHN BLACKBURN
Page 4
Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

COLEY ON THE EDGE"BUS RIDE"  PART 2
Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11

Copyright (C) 1989 JOHN BLACKBURN.
New COLOR Copyright (C) 2020 HENRY R. KUJAWA.

Scans from MY collection!

Restorations by Henry R. Kujawa


For more:

Read about John Blackburn at the Prism Comics site.
Read about "Coley Running Wild" at the Graphic Novels Info site.
See my detailed indexes of these books at the GCD site.
See my COLEY overview at this very blog!
Read GreyIrish' review of "Dagger Of Blood" at the
     Deep Cuts In A Lovecraftian Vein blog.

Read COLEY ON VOODOO ISLAND in COLOR!
Read COLEY: WILD IN THE STREET in COLOR!

(Continued in COLEY: Wild In The Street, Pt. 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment